26 March 2023 What National Holidays And Who Was Famous People Born?
March 26th is the 85th day of the year in the Gregorian calendar.
There are 280 days remaining until the end of the year.
March 26th is also known as Purple Day, which is a global awareness day for epilepsy.
In 1971, Bangladesh declared its independence from Pakistan on March 26th.
The first successful insulin injection was administered on March 26th, 1922.
American poet Robert Frost was born on March 26th, 1874.
March 26th is also celebrated as Make Up Your Own Holiday Day, a fun unofficial holiday where you can create and celebrate your own unique holiday.
In 1969, John Lennon and Yoko Ono staged their first "bed-in for peace" on March 26th in Amsterdam.
The famous musical film "The Sound of Music" premiered on March 26th, 1965.
March 26th is the birthdate of American singer-songwriter and musician Steven Tyler, who is best known as the lead vocalist of the rock band Aerosmith.
What is celebrated on March 26? | what Holiday Is March 26 2023? | What Is March 26 Called?
There are no widely recognized international holidays on March 26th. However, here are some national holidays and observances that are celebrated on this day in different parts of the world:
- Bangladesh Independence Day - commemorating the declaration of independence from Pakistan in 1971.
- Epilepsy Awareness Day (Purple Day) - a global awareness day for epilepsy.
- Prince Kūhiō Day - a public holiday in Hawaii, United States, celebrating the birth of Prince Jonah Kūhiō Kalaniana'ole.
- Make Up Your Own Holiday Day - an unofficial holiday that encourages people to create their own unique holiday.
- National Spinach Day - a day to celebrate and promote the health benefits of spinach in the United States.
- National Nougat Day - a day to celebrate and indulge in the delicious confectionery made of sugar, honey, and nuts.
- Independence Day of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam - commemorating the independence of Vietnam from France in 1945.
- Independence Day of Bangladesh - celebrating the declaration of independence from Pakistan in 1971.
- Purple Day for Epilepsy Awareness - a day to raise awareness about epilepsy and support those affected by the condition.
- National Legal Assistants Day - a day to honor the work of legal assistants and recognize their contributions to the legal profession.
Who Was Born On March 26? | Who Famous Was Born On March 26? | March 26 Famous Birthday
Here are some notable people who were born on March 26th:
- Robert Frost - American poet (1874-1963)
- Leonard Nimoy - American actor (1931-2015)
- Diana Ross - American singer and actress (born 1944)
- Steven Tyler - American singer-songwriter and musician, best known as the lead vocalist of the rock band Aerosmith (born 1948)
- Martin Short - Canadian actor and comedian (born 1950)
- Keira Knightley - English actress (born 1985)
- James Caan - American actor (born 1940)
- Bob Woodward - American journalist and author (born 1943)
- Kenny Chesney - American country singer-songwriter (born 1968)
- Gloria Steinem - American feminist and political activist (born 1934)