22 March 2023 | National days on Wednesday 22 March, 2023
- March 22 is the 81st day of the year in the Gregorian calendar.
- There are 284 days remaining until the end of the year.
- March 22 marks the midpoint of the spring season in the Northern Hemisphere and the midpoint of the fall season in the Southern Hemisphere.
- March 22 is observed as World Water Day, International Day of Forests, World Poetry Day, Bavarian Beer Day, and National Goof Off Day in various parts of the world.
- Famous people born on March 22 include composer Johann Sebastian Bach, actor William Shatner, and actress Reese Witherspoon.
- On March 22, 1765, the British Parliament passed the Quartering Act, which required American colonists to provide food and housing to British soldiers.
- On March 22, 1873, French impressionist painter Claude Monet created his famous painting "Impression, Sunrise", which gave the Impressionist movement its name.
- March 22 is also known as the date of the infamous "Watergate" break-in at the Democratic National Committee headquarters in 1972, which ultimately led to the resignation of President Richard Nixon.
- In some cultures, March 22 is associated with the zodiac signs of Aries or Pisces, depending on the astrological system used.
- In the Christian liturgical calendar, March 22 is the Feast Day of Saint Lea of Rome, a 4th-century widow and ascetic who was known for her charitable works.
What is celebrated on March 22? | what Holiday Is March 22 2023? | What Is March 22 Called?
There are several events and observances that are celebrated on March 22. Here are a few:
- World Water Day: This day is celebrated every year to focus attention on the importance of freshwater and advocate for the sustainable management of freshwater resources.
- International Day of Forests: This day is observed to raise awareness about the importance of forests and trees for the survival and well-being of people and the planet.
- World Poetry Day: This day celebrates poetry as a unique form of expression and a cultural and linguistic heritage of humanity.
- Bavarian Beer Day: This day is celebrated in Germany, particularly in Bavaria, to honor the 1516 Bavarian Beer Purity Law, which established regulations for the brewing of beer.
- National Goof Off Day: This day is a lighthearted observance that encourages people to take a break from their usual routine and have some fun.
March 22 is not a widely recognized holiday in most countries. However, it is observed as
- World Water Day
- International Day of Forests
- World Poetry Day
- Bavarian Beer Day
- National Goof Off Day
in various parts of the world. These observances are not official public holidays, but rather cultural or awareness days.
Who Was Born On March 22? | Who Famous Was Born On March 22? | March 22 Famous Birthday
Many notable people were born on March 22 throughout history. Here are some of them:
- Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750) - German composer and musician
- Stephen Sondheim (1930-2021) - American composer and lyricist
- William Shatner (born 1931) - Canadian actor
- Andrew Lloyd Webber (born 1948) - English composer and producer
- Reese Witherspoon (born 1976) - American actress and producer
- James Patterson (born 1947) - American author
- Marcel Marceau (1923-2007) - French mime artist
- Werner von Braun (1912-1977) - German-American aerospace engineer and space architect
- Chico Marx (1887-1961) - American comedian and member of the Marx Brothers
- M. C. Escher (1898-1972) - Dutch artist known for his mathematically inspired works
These are just a few examples of the many notable people born on March 22.